As Israel’s reputation for divine military prowess precedes them, the people of Gibeon trick the Israelites into a non-agression pact. The Israelites unwittingly enter into this alliance against God’s direction, and yet they must honor this covenant. As such, they go into battle on behalf of the protection of the Gibeonites. God miraculously sees to the victory of this battle. The chapters proceed through a history of the servants and children of God versus the kings of men.
Latest Episodes from GoodLion
- More Medieval Women October 28, 2021
- Joshua 22-24 October 27, 2021
- Ep. 135 – Submission to Human Authority – 1 Peter 2:11-25 October 27, 2021
- MEvangelicalism October 26, 2021
- Social Justice: Should Christians use the term, or avoid it? – With Dave Lomas, ft. arguments from Voddie Baucham October 26, 2021
anxiety Apologetics Bible Bible Study Biblical Literacy christianpodcast Church History Church Planting col-race Collection: No Easy Answers Depression Devotional Discussion early church Evangelism Faith goodlionpodcasts Hope Interviews Jesus Justice Leadership LoveThyNeighborhood Mental Health Missions Work Old Testament Pastoral Ministry Pastoring Preaching Q&A Questions Scripture Sermons Sin Social Issues Social Justice Stories stress The Bible The Church Theology Training Women Worship Youth Ministry