Jeanne d’Albret (1528-1572): We are back for Part Two of the captivating story of Jeanne d’Albret, the French princess who took a stand against the political and spiritual corruption of the French aristocracy for the cause of Christ. Not only did Jeanne bring radical reform and religious tolerance to her kingdoms, but she became the backbone of the Huguenot movement. What’s more, her godly influence on her son led him to eventually issue the Edict of Nantes, a revolutionary document that brought religious freedom to France. It is hard to imagine what course the nation of France might have taken in the 16th and 17th centuries without the dynamic spiritual influence of this woman worth knowing!
Latest Episodes from GoodLion
- How to Watch “The Office” (As A Christian) November 19, 2022
- Jeanine Staton on Developing Christian Community In A Local Church November 16, 2022
- Spiritual Disciplines November 16, 2022
- Ted Leavenworth – Faithfulness Defines Success November 15, 2022
- Tyler St. Clair – Church Planting In Hard Places November 8, 2022
anxiety Apologetics Bible Bible Study Biblical Literacy christianpodcast Church History Church Planting col-race Collection: No Easy Answers Depression Devotional Discussion early church Evangelism Faith goodlionpodcasts Hope Interviews Jesus Justice Leadership LoveThyNeighborhood Mental Health Missions Work Old Testament Pastoral Ministry Pastoring Preaching Q&A Questions Scripture Sermons Sin Social Issues Social Justice Stories stress The Bible The Church Theology Training Women Worship Youth Ministry