In this episode, we cover two chapters of sharp incline and two chapters of an even steeper decline. Solomon’s reign marks the zenith of Israel’s history, but his use of wealth and his polygamy turns his heart away from the Lord. God’s favor is also turned away from Solomon’s lineage (though He promises to preserve a remnant for David’s sake). Solomon’s son Rehoboam’s trust in inexperienced counsel leads to a massive secession from the kingdom. So begins to show the defects in the hearts of these kings of men.
1 Kings 9-12
By Justin ThomasMarch 16, 2022No Comments
Latest Episodes from GoodLion
- Jordan Silva – Unconventional Church Planting May 26, 2023
- Is It Possible To Be Too Vulnerable In The Pulpit? – Josh White May 23, 2023
- Battling Intrusive Thoughts (Ft. Aaron & Brian) – Strategies for the Christian to resist and overcome thoughts of doubt, discouragement, & fear and re-center on Christ. May 23, 2023
- Brittany Brown – Women In Church Planting May 19, 2023
- Throwback Episode: Jesus Brings His People Into True Rest May 18, 2023
anxiety Apologetics Bible Bible Study Biblical Literacy christianpodcast Church History col-race Collection: No Easy Answers Depression Devotional Discussion early church Evangelism Faith goodlionpodcasts Hope Interviews Jesus Justice Leadership LoveThyNeighborhood Mental Health Missions Work Old Testament Pastoral Ministry Preaching Q&A Questions Scripture Sermons Sin Social Issues Social Justice Stories stress Suicide Testimonies The Bible The Church Theology Training Women Worship Youth Ministry
Content From Some Of Our Favorites!
Recommended For You
Justin ThomasSeptember 22, 2022
Justin ThomasSeptember 19, 2022
Justin ThomasSeptember 15, 2022